Wednesday, May 1, 2013

This is how I roll---

Hello,
I was scrolling through blogs when I came across a lovely sketch by Diana Fisher that I wanted to try.  She did it for Pink Paislee's National Scrapbooking Day Challenge.
I have an envelope of photos called "want to scrap" and I pulled a photo out that I LOVE.  However, I have this strange feeling that I have already scrapped it.  Oh well, that's getting old for you :)  I love it so much that I scrapped it AGAIN.  So if you have seen it before, I apologize!
 I don't usually think of myself as a pastel kind of girl, but I loved Pink Paislee's Nantucket collection---and a Vintage Pink Paislee page---kinda older, but these soft colors seem really popular right now.

Here is a closeup of my embellishment cluster.  I am so excited to use up some of the stuff I have had forever, like these resin flowers and this Jenni Bowlin butterfly.  And you can just barely see a bicycle I stamped in light pink...

 I stenciled these little hearts on the page (below) and they were totally the wrong color.  To soften the color, I dug through my stash to find some yellow vellum, which I stitched with sparkly thread.
 One more tip, which isn't new, but you may have forgotten about.  If you run out of sticker letters, fussy cut around them, and use the negative.  I did this (below) and I really like how it looked.


Here is Diana's gorgeous sketch:


The arrival of May finally signifies the arrival of spring in some northern climes.  May means spring cleaning.  Spring cleaning means getting rid of stuff.  Getting rid of stuff means RAK's...stay tuned for some giveaways...
Hope you are able to scrap for fun this week :)  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and love love love love love the arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did and those arrows are way cool! Great page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila! I have done that a couple of times - scrapped the same photo TWICE! I am so happy that you did because I absolutely love this page! All of the details and your design look amazing. You did a wonderful job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great interpretation of the sketch. The arrows are so cool.

    ReplyDelete