Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pixie Dust Paperie Challenge Reveal

This month, Kirsty gave us a sketch!  Soooo happy---I love sketches! 
I am telling you, these challenges really make me stretch creatively...love 'em.
Here is my layout:
Why does something that LOOKS simple take me so long? :o)
I had so much fun doing this---I used my new mist from Maya Road to lightly spritz the background.  I ran my ribbon through the sewing machine all folded up and wrinkly to make it stay like that. 
I also had some jeans of my daughter's that were beyond saving, so I "sizzixed" them into stars.  Wow, I think I just made up a new verb!  The gingham brads were some I bought at Big Lots long ago.  You know how sometimes you buy stuff that is really cheap because it is really cheap?  And then it sits there forever and you never use it ?  At least that is one shopping habit of mine that I am trying to change...I'm happy to say I am starting to use some of this stuff up!
 Here I was able to use another gingham brad.  These denim look letters, from Crate Paper's Random Collection, are available at Pixie Dust.  If you don't have this collection, you should head over and check it out.  I love it.
Here is Kirsty's lovely sketch:

As you can see, I flipped it upside down.
You will be playing for a $15.00 gift certificate to the Pixie Shop here.
I can't wait to see what you come up with!  Thanks for stopping by...

3 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL! I Loveeeeeeee the colors, the photos and love love love those denim stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely page and what a sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just lovely! Since my middle name is America, I like anything with that in the title..lol!

    Hugs,
    Chriss - your fellow "Pixie"

    ReplyDelete