Friday, March 2, 2012

Come check me out at The Paper Variety!

Hello---
I wanted to share with you that I am a Guest Designer at The Paper Variety in March!
They had the COOLEST challenge---you had to choose three in a row on their tic-tac-toe board...each square is something you need to do on your project:
I chose:  complete a layout, include stitching, include a diecut.
Here is my layout:
The die cut is my circle, and the stitching is in the upper right hand corner on the green paper.  I also used a punch on the lime-leaved transparency, which is neat---it actually worked!

There's sort of a story behind this layout though...

I was reading a magazine from 1948 (the same magazine that I used to make my post-it holder, here) that my mother gave me when I saw an article entitled “How’s your social security?”  I honestly thought it was about retirement, so I thought it would be interesting to look a little closer---then I discovered it was talking about one’s social status in junior high!  It was a quiz!  Since my daughter is in junior high, I had her take the quiz, and I made a little booklet that explained the quiz, interpreted her results, and included two of the questions.  The results proved she was “just about normal”.  I just thought the whole thing was soooo funny I had to use it.  I used an acid free spray on all the elements from 1948 and hid some journaling explaining the quiz.
I love anything vintage, especially from the 1940's thru the 1960's...

If you haven't been to check out The Paper Variety, you MUST!  They have excellent challenges and a very talented design team.  Abby is just about one of the sweetest folks I have ever emailed with!   I'm so honored that Abby and Suzanne asked me to be a guest designer.
Thanks so much for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. I love the vintage look to this. Fabulous job. Your daughter must have had fun doing the quiz! Priceless! Congrats on the feature at PV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page! So pretty and I love the vintage-ness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO!! Love the vintage and girl on the page. Love the story behind the LO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being selected at the guest DT! What a super LO! Love how you used these vintage finds and documenting the memories of a fun afternoon with your daughter!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS on the GDT!!! This lo is BEAUTIFUL!! LOVING that photo, the colors and loving the way you added the magazine bits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your Dt job !! And thank you very much for your nice comments on my blog. I really like this page that you have made. I like the story behind it and the colours. The OCtober afternoon paper you used for the circle actually comes from my favourite collection of all times !! I have used it loads and loved every lay out I made with it !

    ReplyDelete