Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Sketch Inspired layout from the new Issue of LGS Magazine

Hello!  Today I would like to share a layout that was published in Issue 2 of Let's Get Sketchy's Sketch Inspired magazine.  It's been lots of fun being part of this design team and magazine...
the assignment was to use paint on a layout.
This was an easy one for me, because I use paint and/or ink on almost every layout.
This was a picture of Lucie and and one of her catches---I didn't LOVE the photo, because phone pictures don't always turn out the best, but sometimes your phone is all you have!
 
I used TONS of MME goodies for this layout. You can see below that I put some watercolors under the photo, to emphasize it.  I also traced the stars with a black marker, and used watercolor to color them in.
Here is another star, painted in.  You can see better in this that the paint is not perfect...that's what I love about it!
 
A quick closeup of some of my layering...
 
And there you have it...
I do love acrylic paint, but lately, I am into the watercolor thing.  Stay tuned for my first reveal for My Scraps and More this Friday, where I WRITE with watercolor!  Was it fun!
Head over to LGS to check out the full issue, and to find out how to submit your layouts for Issue 3!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
 
.



 

3 comments: