Friday, December 27, 2013

New Reveal at Stuck on You Sketches: Snowflakes!

We have our newest Die-Cut Reveal up over at Stuck on You Sketches....SNOWFLAKES!!!  Certainly appropriate for my part of the world....
Here is the card I made:
 
The die-cut I made is the topmost snowflake which is silver.  I cut it on the Silhouette on some old paper I had---some 4X6 Metallics by American Crafts.  The silver paper was slightly textured, which you can see better in the photo below.
   A little harder to see are the white stickles I added for just a little bit of sparkle.
 
I have a winter/Christmas stash that I broke out for this, and some of the embellishments in it are probably five to six years old.  The other snowflakes were all from that collection---I think from K and Company and Jolee's.  I like to have a card or two like this on hand----sometimes I get behind on my Christmas cards, and all of a sudden Christmas is over!  So it is nice to send a winter-themed card...a card like this is also nice for someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas.
I had a lot of fun with this project---I normally don't make a ton of cards...I am more of a layout person.  For some reason this year I have made several. 
 
I hope you decide to play along with us on this challenge...
For complete details and inspiration, visit Stuck on You Sketches.
Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

  1. So gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeee the snowflakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shiny paper and that you dug around in your stash to make this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card. Thank you for reminding me to go digging around for "hidden stash treasures" your card is so pretty!
    -Melin
    My Blog: MyPaperCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sheila!! I love that you used the Stickles for that touch of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhh the snowflakes are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Sheila, this is very pretty CAS! Love the silver snowflake :) Thanks for the inspiration!
    -Helen Gullett-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!!! :) I'm a sucker for snowflakes and these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that there is something so gratifying about making a card.
    Creating something great but not the huge time commitment as a layout.
    Ya know?
    Anyways, I adore how simple this is but the great detail of the snowflakes.
    WAY pretty!

    Oh...and Happy New Year my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so very pretty !!! The snowflakes are perfect !!

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete