Friday, July 12, 2013

New Die Cut Challenge at SOUS: Flourish!

Hi all!
Today we have a new challenge over at Stuck on You Sketches...make a project using a die cut flourish!
My daughter has a friend with a birthday coming up, so I decided to make her a little sign with her name on it.  After finding out her favorite colors are blue and pink, here is what I came up with:

 I had a lot of fun making this!  I used up some of my favorite older Girls' Paperie stuff.  For my flourish, I used the Cricut artiste cartridge.
Here are a couple of closeups:
I HAD to put glitter on here somewhere, so I glittered up my flourish with some pink stickles.
A button, some twine, and some layered sequins finish it off!
I hope she likes it :)
Head on over to Stuck on You Sketches for some inspiration from the rest of the team and complete details on how to hook up your flourish project!

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and love love love the mixed alphas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute project. I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Sheila!! I love the heart shape, the letters you used for the name are so cool, love the color combo and love, love the flourish you used!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the sweet details, what a great gift for the birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea!!! LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Sheila! Love those colors together!! What a cute gift for your daughter's friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog and your creations!

    I hope to see you play at 1 2 3 Get Scrappy soon! :)
    (http://123getscrappy.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun project, Sheila! I love what you did with the colors and elements! This is going to make such an awesome gift! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete