Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Try-Day: Vintage

Hello and happy Friday Try-Day: 
Today, I wanted to share with you some of the "vintage" projects that have inspired me.  To me, vintage means softer colors, lots of inking edges and distressing, and clusters---of ephemera, flowers, whatever.  It doesn't necessarily have to be an actual vintage photo.

Check out these great projects from PINTEREST:

These flowers seem so simple to make.  I will try them soon as I have some old books ready to cut up!
(from google.com)
Lately, anything doily seems all the rage.  This is so soft and beautiful!
(from scrapbook.com)

I loved this layout because it shows that you don't have to use a vintage photo to use vintage products.
(from scrapbook.com)

This one I loved becasue it does use a vintage photo, but also incorporates some more modern elements---successfully!  I love the banner, and the scrabble tiles.
(from littleblackdresskitclub.com)

My new goal is to have a project of my own that the photos I post inspired.  I truly can't promise anything, because as you know, life often gets in the way of crafting!  But this week, I was inspired to use a really old family photo.  Most of the people in my family do not get the whole scrapbooking thing, and I have been reluctant to use old photos.
I used an Echo Park Collection for this layout...

It definitely had some of the softer colors, and lots of vintage accents to cluster.  This is a copy of an old picture of my grandmother, Agnes, and my aunt, Sheila (she is my namesake).  You can see the crinkles and crack in the photo, which I actually love.
Here is a closeup of my "cluster".

I put the "no. 6" sticker because my aunt Sheila was the sixth child.  I layered a resin flower over a sticker from the collection, and a little punched flower over a canvas flat-back button.
I think that I'm gonna hook up with Cropstop's latest challenge, here, which is a project with three flowers on it.

So there you have it---If you try something vintage, shoot me a link---I'd love to look at it.
Thanks for stopping by...

7 comments:

  1. Your lo is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photo and loving the EP collection you used...that car is AWESOME!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...this is gorgeous! I love the vintage look. I don`t have alot of vintage photos..but you`ve inspired me to try this out. Lovely work my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LOs! Love your detail work. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is fanastic. The vinage image is so enhanced by your choice of papers. Thank you for joining us at CropStop Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the flowers, they are so sweet
    Thank you for joining us at CropStop Challenge Blog
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty project! Thank you for sharing it with us on the CropStop Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful vintage layout! Thanks for playing with us at Crop Stop!

    ReplyDelete