Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lazy Summer Days

Hi there! Because it is still very much winter where I live, I NEEDED to do a summer layout, I think just to prove to myself that Summer does indeed exist and will be back someday!
 
I chose some cute pics of my little one and some family pals hamming it up after swimming.
Everything I used was from Basic Grey's Fresh Cut collection, which is one of my absolute favorites.  It has the feel of watercolors, which I love.  And the colors and embellishments are lovely!
 
Both sets of the letters above come with the collection pack, and I love how they look together.
 
I LOVE using pop-dots to add dimension, like I did with the "take in the sunshine" embellishment, and also the balloon in my first closeup.
 
I used an LGS sketch:
 
Thanks for stopping by :)


16 comments:

  1. WHat a sweet page!! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the balloon! You should enter this in CCCB's latest challenge - which is to add a hot air balloon to your project! :) http://www.citycrafter.blogspot.ca/2014/04/city-crafter-challenge-blog-week-207.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Gorgeous colors and a great interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh great summer page!!! I always love scrappin summer in winter too.. makes me feel better!!! sooo glad you played along with LGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! Great idaa to scrap summer photos during these "winter days"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page! Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout Sheila, and I really love the touches of Orange with the Teal!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch, thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful page. Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your colors on this cute page! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful layout!! LOVE this collection!!!
    Thanks for joining us at LGS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done! Thank you so much for playing along at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! Thanks for playing along at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really fun and aewsome take on the sketch. Thank you for playing with our sketch at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job with the sketch - thanks for playing at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete