Monday, February 17, 2014

Another layout from the new LGS Magazine Issue 2

Hi there---
Today I am sharing another layout from the new issue of LGS' Sketch-Inspired Magazine.
It is using a picture that is a year old now, but one I LOVED.  The assignment was to create a layout using lots of white space.
This was a photo of my girls at the Phoenix Botanical Gardens, where they were truly awed by the height and mass of this particular cactus.  I shot them as they were both looking up, so the picture is kind of a miracle!!!
 
I got to use on of my favorite Glitz lines, Wild and Free for this layout.  I was happy to use this photo for the white space assignment, because I truly did not want to take away from the photo with lots of embellishments.  THAT is how much I love Cacti!
Here is a quick closeup of my title.

 
I also felt the tribal elements were awesome for our location in the southwest.  I absolutely loved this area and would LOVE to relocate there!  Maybe someday.
 
Head on over to LGS to see Issue Two in its entirety and to find out how to submit your layouts for the next issue.
Enjoy, and thanks so much for popping in!
 

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh I love love love this! LOVING the photo (living here ... you kind of forget how majestic cacti are! LOL!!) and loveeeeeeeee the colors and the arrows! And before considering relocating here ... yes, we have amazing winters .. but be prepared for summers that are 115 degrees (even at 10PM!!) and it starts around April and doesn't stop till October ... it's not easy in the hot months here ... lol!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great photo and I love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool pic and love that photo with the Glitz papers!!! super fun LO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Glitz on this layout Sheila, and the cleaner design really highlights your photo!!

    ReplyDelete