Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Some Christmas Projects...part 1

Hello there! 
I have enjoyed working on Christmas crafty things this month, but I feel like I have neglected my regular crafting.  Hee hee, that's kinda funny, that I have "regular" crafting.  I am getting a little Christmased out at this point, but since the holiday is only seven days away, it won't be long before everything is back to normal.
First, a little project that was inspired by, and yet totally changed from, a Pinterest project I saw.  I collected letters that I saw all around this fall...and then I used Crate Paper's Bundled up collection to cover them.  It's cute, and fits more with my new "teal" life.  If you follow me on Pinterest, you know I have a board of teal wishes. 
Never been a big fan of blues, but for some reason, teal is speaking to me. 
And then, before I posted this, I noticed that someone at American Crafts did a very similar project!  Great minds apparently think alike!
 
And then, of course, there are the teacher gifts.  Once your kid gets into the upper grades, and has lots of teachers, this can be a costly venture!  Here is a way to gift cheaply...
Last time I was at IKEA, I stocked up on large chocolate bars ($1 each).
Cover them with some scraps and embellishments, and there you go.
What teacher doesn't like chocolate?

And for those of us who do craft, we know how simple the above project is.  But to those who do NOT craft, it appears as a miracle of modern art!  Perhaps it is that I am surrounded by people who don't know what scrapbooking paper is :)
 
So, there are a couple of projects I have been working on!  Be back later this week with some more!
Thanks for stopping by today!
 

5 comments:

  1. Love your projects, Sheila!! I always have a hard time creating non-scrappy projects at Christmas time, because I'm so addicted to layouts and I don't want to spread out my scrapbook time! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love all of these!!!! LOVING the NOEL and the bar wrappers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! A fun way to dress up a simple gift. And the Noel is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great projects!!!!! I bet the Noel looks amazing in your house!! super cute and the others are super yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sweet Christmas project, and the beautiful chocolate dress up too.

    ReplyDelete