Sunday, December 15, 2013

New Reveal at Color Me Scrappy! It's all about the Coffee

Hello---
Today we have a new color palette at Color Me Scrappy...and an interesting twist!  The twist is that your layout has to be about food...and here are the colors to use...
 
This was pretty hard for me because I am not a person who takes pictures of my food. Luckily, my teenager does!  So she let me look through her phone, and I printed this picture from our New York City trip last summer...While she is a little more into Starbucks than I am, we can both agree on one thing, and hence the title---It's all about the coffee.
 
I used some paper from Elle's Studio, a winter pack from DCWV (I realized I don't have much
blue---other than aqua) in my paper collection) and lots of scraps and little embellies.
I used my Silhouette to cut the title and the cute little mug, which I used the negatives of...
Of course, my flair is from Buttons and Badges, my favorite Etsy store!  The "like like" above were rub-ons that didn't want to rub on---so I just cut the sheet of rub-ons out and attached the whole thing.  Can't waste time and damage your paper. 
 
This layout was so much fun to do!  I hope you decide to play along with challenge #52---head over to Color Me Scrappy for details and to link up your layout :)
Can't wait to see the different takes on the "food" twist!

7 comments:

  1. I love NYC! Your layout is so creative and fun, Sheila! Your take on this challenge is wonderful. I hope you are having an amazing holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the glasses and the chevrons!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job! You did an amazing job of matching the colors- it looks like the palette came from your layout, not the other way around. Great LO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the color palette. And I love how your design is all tucked in so tightly together leaving all the breathing room surrounding it. Beautiful job Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome use of the colors Sheila, and I love this great page design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. soooo love how you worked the colors!!! super fun page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! A really stylish and fun design!

    ReplyDelete