Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Banner

When you only have a few bits and scraps left in a collection, what do you do?
 
Why, make a banner of course!
I absolutely LOVE October Afternoon, but I don't always know how to use their stuff on my layouts.  I find it much easier to make something for my home.  Have you ever compared how you decorate your home to how you scrapbook?  I have a good friend who decorates her home with several Victorian pieces, but wouldn't ever scrapbook with elements that reflect that era!  I tend to be more modern in my decor, but I do like some kitschy pieces, and that's where OA comes in.  I had some Christmas stuff left from last year, and some newer things in a Santa Sack I just got!
Here is what I made:

I layered some stickers with fussy cut pieces...

I did this in about a half hour.
 
So easy, so fun, and a great way to use leftover embellishments!
Thanks for stopping in today:)
 


4 comments:

  1. That is a cool banner and it is always a good feeling to use leftover product. Looks fabulous
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!!! I loveeeeeeeee the papers you used!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh totally cute!!! LOVE the fun festive banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your banner Sheila, and such a great way to use up all of those extra pieces from a collection!

    ReplyDelete