Friday, November 15, 2013

Today's First Post: New Die Cut Challenge at Stuck on You Sketches: Food

Hi there!
One of the things I have really enjoyed about being part of the die cut challenge team at Stuck on You Sketches is the freedom to do projects other than layouts.  It's really helped me grow---and it's helped me make things for my home that I really need.  Such as this next project!  I was inspired by Pinterest and the fact that I had three old terra cotta pots----to make an outdoor utensil holder!
 
I used some spray paint left over from another project and gave the pots about three coats.  Then, I played with my Silhouette until I got the right shaped labels, and the right colors. 
 
Here it is:
It's a little hard to see, but my forks are light gray, and the word is white. 
 
 
Here is a top view:
 
Here is a shot of all three:
Of course, because as I write this is is October, I am nearly out of plastic utensils :)
I had some forks and spoons, but no knives!
 
I love to spray paint anything and everything, but that doesn't mean I want my fork leaning up a spray painted surface.  So I lined the inside with fabric.  I cut a circle out of shelf liner and glued it in the bottom.
Trust me when I say that I am not at all talented with fabric, but I do believe you can achieve almost anything with a glue gun! 
 
And on the outside, I glued another circle of the shelf liner so the bottom wouldn't scratch the glass table on the deck where it will be used!
 
 
So, there's my project!  Now, if only summer would come again soon so I can use them! 
SO head on over to Stuck on You Sketches for some inspiration from the design team and for all the details...hope you will link up your food inspired die cut project!
Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I never would have thought to line it with fabric or to add the shelf liner. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is such a GREAT idea and such an amazing way to put inexpensive flower pots to good use :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete