Saturday, September 21, 2013

First Day, First Grade---only two years late!

Hello---
In digging through my photos, I found one that I somehow missed---the first day of school TWO YEARS AGO!!! Don't know how that happened, but I thought I'd post what I did with it because after all, 'tis the season of first day layouts!
 
 
I mostly used Glitz' Wild and Free collection, which is perfect, because that is my daughter's personality.  I love that she is holding Diary of a Wimpy Kid...
 
I used my new silhouette to cut all these number 1's and one words out, then used the negative space to show a gorgeous paper behind.  I used the same paper to punch the hearts.  I am in awe of the silhouette and all the great things it can do. You can see it a little better below. 
 
 
I also did lots of painting and stamping on this layout...with some stamps I bought at a garage sale!!!
I love the teensy twine bow too--and the black hearts washi tape. I want to tape everything!
 
This layout was inspired by one of Kristine's sketches at Creative Scrappers.  I will be linking up there and also at Paper Issues, whose current issue involves using twine! 
 
Happy Saturday---enjoy your weekend!
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhh I love love love this! LOVING that title work and the hearts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Sheila!! Love the fun use of typography and the cute heart border on the side of your photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute page!!!! LOVE LOVE the fun wording down the side and hearts!!! adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummo colours on this one! Super cute photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Such a fun take on the sketch! You title work and colors are fab! Thanks for joining us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete