- 2 cups packed kale leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts*
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Serve over rice, pasta or as a sandwich spread.
*Note: If you don't have toasted walnuts, you can easily make them. Just spread roughly chopped walnuts on a baking sheet and pop in a 400°F oven for five minutes.
I immediately tried it and not only is it super easy to make, it is delicious. And flexible. What I mean is I put a little more than the amount of kale she suggested...I'd say two and a half cups. I used pine nuts instead of walnuts because that's what I had. And, she uses way less cheese than I always have. Best of all, the bag I had made five good sized containers of pesto---see below---freeze and thaw on a busy night!