Monday, December 10, 2012

Easy Christmas Tree Project

I'm kind of a fanatic for Christmas trees.  I decorate two big ones, then I have little collections of trees scattered throughout the house.  I made one to add and thought I'd show you quickly.  I think this was featured in Creating Keepsakes magazine a few years ago, or SOME magazine, and I finally got around to making it.
You just cut rectangular strips of paper, either cut or border punch one end so it is scalloped, and then, starting at the bottom, hot glue each paper to a styrofoam cone.
I attached a chipboard star to a piece of wire and inserted it in the top.
Voila!


I also added a thin strip of gold gauze "garland" and attached it with tiny brads...you can just barely see it below.
The most time consuming part of this project was cutting all the rectangles, but you could definitely do this while watching television some evening.
Hope you try it!

~Sheila~

5 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwww!! This is beautiful!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, love the paper choice, gives it a vintage look, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila ... what a lovely project ... I love your choice of paper ... Many thabks for your kind comments too ... have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete