Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pixie Dust Reveal: Mother's Day and ScrapFIT Step Class

Hello!  Since anyone who has a crafty bone in their body is making something---even a card---for mother's day, you should consider entering the May Pixie Dust Challenge.  The prize is a fifteen dollar gift certificate to the Pixie Store---you don't want to miss out on this one :)
Here is my project, which is actually a gift for my 78 year-old mother.  We have an interesting and complicated relationship---what mother and daughter don't---but I wanted to make her something special for mother's day.  Even though she is an extremely talented painter, I don't think she really gets the whole scrapbooking thing.  I guess I want to show her my "art" by doing something beautiful for her. 
Here it is:


This is a wonderful old picture of her when she was 19, I believe.  Years ago, I had pictures made from old slides.  I don't even know if you can do that anymore!  Anyway, there about five pictures like this, and this one was my favorite.  Sometimes it is hard for me to even imagine my mother being this young!

Here is a closeup of the corner.  I made the light blue flower using my new cricut cartridge from Close To My Heart---called Art Philosophy.  The tiny gold flower I punched, and I made the rose from some muslin and burlap.  It is one of my favorite flowers ever, and I have been hoarding it for the right occasion.  This was it!
Hope on over to Pixie Dust for more reveals from the Challenge Design Team!  Hope you are inspired there. 
Also, many of you may know that I do a "Step Class" over at ScrapFIT.  (This is HILARIOUS---if you know how I am with physical fitness).  Luckily, I am "craftilly" fit, and this month's class is how to make a simple doily flower.  This is one of the projects I show:
(Another mother's day project!)
If you enter a doily flower for the step class challenge, you can also enter that same project in ScrapFit's use a doily challenge.  Double goodness.
Also, don't forget Missy's fussy cut challenge!  So much going on this month :)
Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a wonderful mother's day.


4 comments:

  1. I love the project you made for your mother! Very nice!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a BEAUTIFUL gift for her!! I loveeeeeeee the frame and the card!! GORGEOUS!!! Loving the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project, and your mom is a beauty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your project for your mom is gorgeous!!! and the step class rocked!!!! way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete