Saturday, October 1, 2011

ScrapFIT Challenge #53: the journaling goes round and round

Workout #53 'The Journaling Goes Round & Round'
Its important to add journaling to our layouts so generations after us will know the details and feelings of the pictures.  For this Workout I want your journaling to ‘go around’ the outside of something.  It can go around the outside of you page, around your photo or even around an embellishment.  Show us how you journal around! 
 
 

Love to journal and it is definitely something I don't do enough of.  Here is my layout, with the handwritten journaling along the left and top of the square:

I am pretty sure I scraplifted this layout from some magazine, but I am not sure which one, so I can't give proper credit :-(
I have to admit, this is a line from Crate Paper that I don't LOVE.  It is the neighborhood collection.  Though I didn't love it, I thought it looked good altogether like this. I was able to do lots of layering and popdotting. Remember, you don't always have to use the stickers the way they are---cut 'em up, ink them, etc.
I also wanted a "sunshine" in the upper right corner, so this is the finished result...
I had some old muslin and some ribbon scraps---

I love how this turned out.  I swear, you can do anything with hot glue...I simply rolled, twisted and glued my muslin in a circle.


Thanks for looking and be sure to head over to ScrapFIT and play along...we have a fabulous prize this month for one lucky winner....

It is from The Paper Bakery---this kit club was new to me, so I went to the site to check it out.  They have BEAUTIFUL KITS!  I will definitely explore it a bit more.
Hope to see your entries soon!

3 comments:

  1. Love love love this!! LOVING the design, the Crate houses and that flower is GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful fun LO!! Love the sun and how you painted behind your title which gives is so much pop!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete