Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sugar and Spice

I love this picture:  it is rare to get them together and smiling...and the TYPES of smiles they wear fit their personalities so well...
Here is my layout:
I based this layout on a sketch from Sassy Lil Sketches---for some reason, I am not able to view many of their sketches, so I can't put the original sketch.  However, I can tell you they have some great inspiration over there!  I wanted to highlight two things:
One, a tag that I saved from a shirt that was being thrown away---it looks great here.  Another is the layered butterfly.  I received a plain wooden butterfly in a kit, and I struggled with what to do with it. 
Here is what I did---I took plain twine and glued it round and round till the butterfly was covered!  Then I put mod podge on the top to protect it and make it shiny.  For the layout, I put a few things on top of it.  I am telling you---you can do anything with twine!

Thanks for looking and enjoy the last few days of summer!

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh LOVE this and the wonderful details on the page!!! how pretty!!! thanks sooo much for playing along at Sassy Lil Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! I loveeeeeee that photo, the colors and that butterfly! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful layout!! I love the technique you did with the butterfly and what a fun idea to add the clothing tag!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Sassy Lil Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty !! I love your colors and your banner :) Really cute details too ! :)
    Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Lil` Sketches ! :)

    ReplyDelete